Master Esthetics – Advanced Skin Care
The Master Esthetics program at Glen Dow Academy requires the 1200 hours (about 40 school weeks) of instruction required by Washington State. In addition to the coursework and practices from Glen Dow’s Esthetics program, our Master Esthetics program offers an amazing laser education course to supplement the educational process for our advanced Esthetics department. Students in our Master Esthetics program receive theory education in the use of medical devices and techniques, including laser treatments, body sculpting and tattoo removal taught by our Master esthetics instructors. Supplemental hands-on experiences are provided by partnering with local laser trained professionals, some being Glen Dow graduates, themselves. All lessons taught are under the strict supervision of their immediate instructor, who is licensed in all associated fields.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to take and pass the Washington State licensing examination. After graduating from the program and passing required licensing exams, you will have the knowledge, professional training, and real-world experience needed to start your career in skin care.
2021 Class Start Dates
Course Subject Matter:
- Lasers, light frequency, radio frequency, ultrasound, and plasma practices;
- Advanced client assessment, indications and contraindications, pre-treatment and post-treatment procedures;
- Lymphatic drainage, advanced facial massages, alternative touch, spa body treatments compresses, massage, wraps, masks, exfoliation, medium depth peels, use of electrical and mechanical appliances, use of chemical compounds;
- Temporary removal of superfluous hair by means including tweezing, waxing, tape, chemicals, lotions, creams, threading, mechanical and electrical apparatus and appliances;
- Sanitization and disinfecting of individual work stations, individual equipment and tools, proper use and storage of linens, diseases and disorders of the skin of the face, neck, and hands;
- Safety, including proper use and storage of chemicals, implements and electrical appliances, and first aid as it relates to esthetics.
Equipment, Textbook & Supplies*: $2,675.00
Fees: Lab Fee: $341.22 / Drop Fee: $150 / Re-entry Fee: $100
Total Cost: $18,192.90
Normal time of completion: 40 school weeks
*Equipment and Textbook fees subject to change without notice; State exam and license fees not included.