ESTHETICS – THE PHILOSOPHY OF BEAUTY
The Esthetics course covers 750 hours of skin care training required by Washington State for licensure. This includes training in the use of:
- Compresses, massage, masks, exfoliation, electrical or mechanical appliances, chemical compounds;
- Temporary removal of superfluous hair by means including tweezing, waxing, chemicals, lotions, creams, mechanical or electrical appliances;
- Sanitization and disinfecting of individual work stations, individual equipment and tools, and proper use and storage of linens;
- Diseases and disorders of the skin of the face, neck, and hands;
- Safety, including proper use and storage of chemicals, implements and electrical appliances, and first aid as it relates to Esthetics.
Students shall train using a combination of mannequin and live client training, and will gain true practical knowledge and experience by providing services to models and patrons who regularly visit the Academy clinic. A more detailed course sequence outline is available in our school catalog.
2021 Class Start Dates
Equipment, Textbook, Supplies: $2,407.00
Registration/Application Fee: $100
Fees: Lab Fee: $141.22 / Drop Fee: $150 / Re-entry Fee $100
Total Cost: $9,896.55
Normal time of completion: 25 school weeks
SOC: 39.5094 CIP:12.0409