INSTRUCTOR COURSE – BECOME A LICENSED EDUCATOR!
Our Instructor course covers 600 hours of instruction training. Students acquire a thorough knowledge of teaching techniques, principles, evaluation methods, and applicable aspects of school operation.
Cadet instructors must be currently licensed in the subject/s they intend on teaching upon completion of their course (e.g. a cosmetology license is required to teach cosmetology).
Full-time schedule options include: Seven hours per day for 22 weeks.
The course employs a variety of instructional methodologies such as demonstrations, discussions, questions, and interactive lecture, individualized instruction, student and classroom presentations, labs and student salon activities.
Equipment, Textbook, Supplies: $363.50
Application Fee: $100
Fees: Lab Fee: $100 / Drop Fee $150 / Re-entry Fee $100
Total Cost: $4,637.53
Normal time of completion: 22 weeks
Course Subject Matter:
- Lesson planning, student learning principles, teaching methods, written and practical assessment, classroom set up, classroom management and four-step method.
- Development of system for analysis, charting, categorizing, validating, organizing, topic and subject matter, materials and supplies, record keeping, project methods, and working with advisory committee.
- Develop instruction from analysis, organize and prioritize, group and sequence learning units, test and evaluation teaching aids, lectures demonstrations and develop questions and answers.
- Effective leadership, student assignments, leading discussions, development of client relations, personality and conduct, interpersonal relationships, and client relations.
- Practical classroom and clinic services, dispensary, inventory and maintenance.
- Testing and rating, salon organization and management, audio-visual materials, philosophy of vocational education and techniques in individual instruction, reception and management, use of cash register, telephone techniques.